We call on young people from across the Commonwealth to unite and take action in the #YouthLeadSDG14 Action Challenge which will raise awareness of youth-led action on SDG14.
SDG 14 means understanding what life below water means, capturing the true essence of a world built around ocean resources and meeting UNFCCC targets by 2030.
Young people between the ages of 18-30 from Commonwealth member countries are eligible to participate and are invited to submit photos and videos on actions they have led or contributed to which promote the blue economy and awareness of SDG 14 actions at large.
Under the theme of SDG14, the Commonwealth Youth Climate Change Network (CYCN) have come up with a list of 14 actions entrants are asked to complete as part of the #YouthLeadSDG14 Action Challenge.
Three winning participants will share a cash prize sponsored by the Commonwealth.
How to enter
To take part, entrants must:
- Sign up for the Action Challenge
- Take photos or film videos (max 10 minutes) documenting their efforts on one or more of the 14 points (Download our video guidance)
- Submit a report via the Action Challenge submission form
- Post the content on social media using #YouthLeadSDG14 and #BlueCharter, tagging @CYCNOfficial and @comsecyouth
- 12 November 2022: Official Launch of Campaign with CYCN (during COP27)
- 8 January 2023: New Deadline for signing up to join the Action Challenge.
- 9-23 January 2023: Judging of Actions Taken & Submitted. Create and publish an impact report highlighting the progress achieved via the campaign.
- 24 January 2023: Announcement of Top 3 Winners on International Day of Education
Judging and prizes
A panel of judges will review and evaluate video submissions based on sustainability, innovation, impact, scalability and creativity. There is a total of £3,000 in prize money that will be shared among the three winning participants.
If you have any questions about participating in this campaign, please contact us at [email protected].