Conference Documents: Caribbean Investing in Youth ConferenceJune 7th, 2011
The Commonwealth Youth Programme (CYP) in partnership with the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs held the conference with a view to bring relevant stakeholders together to discuss regional trends and challenges in youth employment, with a focus on entrepreneurship/enterprise development.
The Conference focused on the four agree priorities in relation to young people and employment, namely:
– Employment Creation. Placing employment creation at the centre of macroeconomic policy.
– Employability. The educational and vocational training needs of young people and improving the impact of those investments.
– Entrepreneurship. Making it easier to start and run enterprises.
– Equal Opportunity. Ensuring young women and at-risk or vulnerable youth have the same opportunities.
The main outputs of the conference included:
– Draft Caribbean Action Map on Youth Employment / Youth Enterprise Development Plan
– Draft framework for a Caribbean Young Entrepreneurs Network
please find below the conference documents: