Commonwealth Youth Sport for Development and Peace Network looking for talented new CoordinatorJune 20th, 2023
The Commonwealth Youth Sport for Development and Peace Network (CYSDP) is looking for a new coordinator who is passionate about using sport to improve lives. Established in 2013, with the support of the Youth Division of the Commonwealth Secretariat, the CYSDP has three main aims which are to, ‘Advocate, Educate and Demonstrate’. These young leaders from across the Commonwealth use sport as a tool for development and peace across inter-sectoral social policy work (specifically health, youth and education).
The network also works to strengthen the capacity of young people to engage with their communities, policymakers and wider stakeholders. They also support the implementation of commitments made at Commonwealth Sports Ministers Meetings through advocacy work and through the mechanism of the Commonwealth Advisory Body on Sport (CABOS).
The main role of the CYSDP Coordinator is to organise and support the work of the CYSDP Executive Committee across the Commonwealth, with a focus on administration and implementation.
Layne Robinson, Head of Social Policy Development at the Commonwealth Secretariat, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and organised young person to play a pivotal role in the implementation of ambitious sport for development and peace policies across the Commonwealth’s 56 member countries.”
Applicants should be able to demonstrate via their application, based on their experience, that they have the following skills:
- Administration Support. The candidate should possess excellent administrative and people skills and have proven abilities to coordinate meetings, write publications, reports and papers, as well as support research and thematic policy areas.
- Project Management & Implementation. The candidate should be able to commit the time required, estimated at 18 hours per week, and be able to demonstrate good management/project delivery skills, support the development of strategic partnerships and monitor the implementation of the action plan.
- Networking Development. The candidate should be able to promote the network in the relevant space to raise awareness of its work and maximise impact. The candidate should also be accountable for growing a community beyond personal networks.
Timelines & Remuneration
The assignment is expected to take place from 1 August 2023 – 31 July 2024 and is fully remote.
The time commitment can vary but is likely to require approximately 18 hours a week.
The CYSDP Coordinator will receive a total of £6000, which will be paid in quarterly instalments.
- Be aged between 18 to 29 years at the time of application.
- Be a citizen of a Commonwealth member country.
- Have a strong commitment to CYSDP’s vision and mission.
- Have a proven track record in sport for development projects and programmes.
How to Apply
Applicants should apply by 7 July 2023 23:59hrs (BST) by using the online application form (link below):
Please note that should your application be successful, and you are shortlisted to attend an interview, the proposed interview dates will be on, or around, 12 July 2023. The interviews will be held online using MS Teams.
Please also note that the application form will require you to complete every section by answering all questions and uploading documents including the following:
– One reference letter from a reputable and relevant referee including their contact details
For any further information or clarification, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.