Get your voice heard at the Commonwealth Sports Ministers MeetingJune 17th, 2014
We, the Commonwealth Youth Sport for Development and Peace Working Group (CYSDP) will be presenting to the Commonwealth Sports Ministers Meeting on the powerful role that youth leadership plays in Sport for Development and Peace.
Sport for Development and Peace (SDP) is a powerful enabler of youth leaders, coaches, mentors and volunteers, helping to build valuable skills and competencies that develop community leaders and allow people to contribute to society.
In our role as the leading and driving voice for young people in sport for development and peace, we will highlight to the Sports Ministers the value of sport in advancing youth development, and ensure:
‘Young people should be central to all levels of decision making in order to maximise the contribution of sport to youth empowerment and development’ (CYSDP – 4th Commonwealth Sports Development Conference, Glasgow, August 2013)
We wish to represent the diverse range of young people in the Commonwealth who understand, support and value SDP and we need your input! Answer our questions below so we can show the Sports Ministers that sport is a valued tool in development and peace:
Use the hashtag #sportgaveme, we want to hear from you:
- How has sport given you leadership skills? If so, which ones and how?
- How has sport given you access to education, employment or a better quality of life? Tell us about it!
- How has sport allowed you to develop your life skills, build your confidence or given you access to a professional network?
Get in touch via:
- Twitter: @CommYouthSDP
- Facebook: Commonwealth Youth Sport for Development and Peace Working Group
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
Commonwealth Youth Sport for Development and Peace Working Group (CYSDP)